Re: VST Host & Effects on PDA

At 10:33 AM -0600 7/3/06, Krispen Hartung wrote:
>So.....when will I be able to run my VST host and VST effects on my
>iPAQ? :) Just checking. That's my next big thing...maybe 5 years?
>Imagine walking into a gig with an iPAQ or PalmPilot and running all
>your favorite VSTs, looping programs, etc....that's where I want to
>be in the future. Plug my guitar into the unit, out into the
>PA....guitar rack in your back pocket.

Well, there's at least one already available over on the Palm
platform.  I remember seeing a blurb on a mini-Ableton clone in one
of my synth magazines last year.  I'm pretty certain it made use of
an external interface that had already been manufactured for exactly
this sort of application (which leads me to believe that there are
several other Palm apps of this nature).  Seems to me that it could
act as a VST host as well.

Pretty kewl, but I got distracted by some other shiny thing and never
did any more research on it.  I'll see if I can go through my back
issues later today and come up with something more concrete...

        --m.
--
_______
"Wind in my heart. Dust in my head..."