From: Kim Flint [mailto:kflint@loopers-delight.com]
Sent: Sunday, July 02, 2006 7:25 PM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: Re: 10 year's anniversary of Looper's Delight ?

At 04:56 AM 6/28/2006, Bernhard Wagner wrote:

>Sunday, September, 1st 1996 at 23:34:23 -0700 (PDT) the first post message
>ever was posted to LD by Matthew F. McCabe aka King Never:
>http://loopers-delight.com/LDarchive/199609/msg00000.html
>
>September 1st, 2006 will be 10 year's anniversary of Looper's Delight.

Amazing!

10 years of relentless repetition!

When I started this, I never imagined it would still be going 10 years
later.

Or that I could put up with it for that long. :-)

In fact, the Looper's Delight web site was online several months before the
list started. I put up the first version of the site around April of 1996.

I can see from old emails that I first asked my ISP at the time about
starting a mailing list on March 21, 1996. That email is followed by
several other mails making the same request over and over again for a
period of months without any response, then several more emails complaining
about their total lack of customer support. My emails then get more and
more aggravated until August 14, 1996, when their system administrator
finally starts helping me get the mailing list set up and running.

(That started a string of moving Looper's Delight from one incompetent ISP
to another, until I finally made the step to running my own server.)

>How about some celebration and apposite looping madnesssss?!

It would be wonderful to do a 10 year anniversary event! That could be a
lot of fun. I would really need people to help organize such a thing
though. Anybody interested?

kim