Re: Loop effects: Can software be as good as good hardware?

Well partially I was thinking that most of us with
pro-sumer level audio interfaces wouldn't get the same
high quality output that a dedicated machine might
get.  I could be totally wrong though, which is why I
asked.  If you're truely saying that for the price of
a laptop (to use me as an example) ($1400), audio
interface ($200) and Reaktor software ($300) I'd get
something on par with an Exclipse, well then I'd be
shaking in my boots if I was a hardware manufacture.