Re: LOOPERS DELIGHT 10 year ANNIVERSARY PARTY

----- Original Message -----
From: <improv@peak.org>
> And, speaking of notebook looping systems, a brand new dual-core
>Thinkpad
> T60 kind of just fell into my lap! My old Thinkpad just barely  runs
> Mobius in standalone, I wasn't planning on replacing it, but was  just
> offered an amazing deal on this new lappy.

Outstanding!!!!  I love my T60p now.  One thing you may find (if the T60
has
the same sound system as the T60p), which really pissed me off, is that
there is no sound card, per se...the sound is integrated into the Intel
chipset. I found out quickly that some of my music systems wouldn't even
recognize that there was a sound input/output device.  It's like it is
non-existent.  I was hoping that the new Intel high definition audio would
sound good by itself, but not if I couldn't even get it to be recognized
by
my VST hosts, etc. It see the default SoundMax software for configuring
the
HD audio, but it doesn't operate like a typical sound card driver.  I
called
Lenovo tech support and they basically confirmed what my wife told me (who
works for Intel)...there is no sound card....HD audio is built inside the
chipset.

Let me know what you disover. The HD audio sound great with CDs and music
you play from your music software, of course.

Kris