Re: tec electronics voice live

At 9:49 PM -0700 7/4/06, L.A. Angulo wrote:
>I see there is an instrument input besides the line
>one and i am wondering if both signals can be proccess
>separately,the voice works seems to only have one
>input.

Yeah, I'm *fairly* certain that the extra instrument input is merely
routed to the aux audio path, which is the same on both units (if
not, I'm going to be mightily peeved, 'cause I could really use a
second harmonizer input).  I'm pretty sure that it uses the secondary
signal path, because I doubt that they're going to include a whole
second harmonizer in the same unit.  And I tried merging two sources
into the same harmony block at the input.  That confused the
harmonizer tracking hella bad.

The aux input on the VoiceWorks passes the signal through the reverb
and delay blocks, but it sums into the signal chain after the harmony
processor.  It's nice for adding instrumentation into the same
"space" as the vocals, and the reverb/delay is of the same quality
you'd expect from TC Electronic.  Excellent!

>I bet they are both nice though!

Oh, absolutely.  Like I stated previously, I was originally looking
to pick up the VoiceLive in the first place.  Then the VoiceWorks
dropped into my lap at half the cost of the VoiceLive, so I couldn't
pass that deal up.  If you get the VoiceLive, I'm sure you'll have
lots of fun with it.  And, as I said, I'm sure it sounds great.  :)

        --m.
--
_______
"You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike..."