Vedr. Re: lap top sync with the hardware looper

Thanks !

What I am doing as far, is to set the repeaters bmp with the same bmp as the ableton-software, and then loop along with the laptop, but they drift apart after some time.

havent tryied midi jet. but I will look into it.

but I still think its strange that they drift apart.

Rune f

mark sottilaro <zerocrossing2001@yahoo.com> skrev:
I'll try to answer your question although there seems
to be a language issue and I'm not sure if I totally
understand it.

Here's what I do know: The Repeater's MIDI clock out
blows. Sucks. Even other devices made by Electrix
don't sync well to it. I'd lable that more or less
worthless.

However, many DAWs, VSTi's and virutal loopers like
Mobius accept and produce sync that's useable. I'd
use those as the Master and the Repeater as the Slave.
If there's one thing the Repeater does better than
anything out there is slave to a MIDI clock. Make
sure the sync is not set to anything other than "MIDI"
on the Repeater. You'll see the LED will stop
blinking when it gets a clock signal. If it's not
getting one, you have an issue that the apps on your
laptop aren't spitting it out. Since I have no idea
what you're using I can't give you any advice on them
except check in the "setup" or "config" menu for clock
out settings and make sure you choose your midi
interface.

Hope this helps.

Mark (not a "prof") Sottilaro