RE: Vedr. Re: lap top sync with the hardware looper

From: rune fagereng

> What I am doing as far, is to set the repeaters bmp with the same bmp
> as the ableton-software, and then loop along with the laptop, but they
> drift apart after some time.
> but I still think its strange that they drift apart.

This is normal, the BPM's are not actually the same.  They may both
claim to be 120 but one will actually be something like 120.0247 and
the other 120.0963.  Over time they will eventually drift.  They would
have to be physically connected in some way to maintain identical
tempos, similar to  " word clock "   with audio interfaces.

Connecting them with MIDI does not actually make their clocks
run at exactly the same tempo, but it provides a point of
reference so that the slave can detect when it is drifting
and make a correction.

Jeff