Uploaded RC-50 sample to File Library

Hi All –

I just uploaded a sample loop to the file library in the Audio Looping Examples section.  The sample does loop, so you can listen to how the RC-50 handles that (very nicely).  The audio quality is excellent (though the MP3 mangles it a little).  Its good practice to make sure your gain structure is optimized; I have heard some say that the audio quality out of this device is not good: judge for yourself!

This sample is a recording off of the outputs of the RC-50 into my laptop.  There are three phrases going at once.  In this case the loops are sync’d, but you can free-wheel, too.  You can start all phrases simultaneously and for recording purposes, I had them all as one-shots.

The RC-50 has a lot of depth – I’ve used an AdrenaLinn pedal to sync the RC to MIDI and that works very nicely (it is completely cool to use the sync’d filter effects and drum machine of the AdrenaLinn with the RC!).  You can fade phrases in and out and end them on Loop End (if sync’d).  The pedals are pretty intuitive, but you will have to spend a little time with the device and the manual before you get all comfy-cozy with things.

Connection to a computer is a little arcane (you have to change file name for import/export to some specific rules, gak!) but it does work.

More later, right now it’s back to playing!

Mike

PS – I’m not a real looper, but with this pedal I think I can learn J