Re: loop quantization question

Hey Aaron,

I hope that your patent isn't just for that function, because yes, it
does exists in a couple different forms.

In Mobius or the EDP (and I imagine on other loopers minus the Boss
RC20/50) there is a function called Multiply that you can use to overdub
a longer loop over a shorter one; ie: to play an 8-bar phrase over a
1-bar drum loop. For a good example of someone doing this with the EDP,
check out the videos at http://www.arthurleemusic.com/html/bc.htm --
especially the Live Looping 101 video. He does this a lot, and his music
is really fun!

Also in Mobius (or the Looperlative, if I understand it correctly) you
can actually record loops of varying lengths (syncronized or not) into
multiple tracks so that things like output volume, feedback,
loop-direction, loop-speed, loop-pitch, pan, etc. can be controlled
independently for different loops.

I'd recommend checking out the manuals for the EDP and the Looperlative
before you deal with the patent office too much. I've dealt with them
before, and it can cost you a ton of time and money if you've overlooked
something that's already out there.

Best wishes to you with your new product!

--Josh