Re: loop quantization question

On Jul 7, 2006, at 14:01, aaron leese wrote:

> just wanted to check .... with loop quantization on the RC50 (or
> any other looper), once you set loop quantization (as below .. say
> to 13.2 seconds) .... you cannot then record a loop exactly twice
> as long can you?  ie 26.4 seconds ?? or three, four, five times as
> long ?

Yes, or twice as short. Or shorter or longer according to any musical
division. It all depends on the resolution you set the quantization
to - given the looper can cut or multiply loop length this way or
apply the length to a new loop being created (I mostly work with the
EDP and Möbius that both allow you to do a lot to the audio). The
question of how long loop you can record is also dependent on how
much RAM you have in the looper.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)