Re: Update on Live Sound Devices?

> Welcome!  You've stepped into a frequently recurring debate here
> on this wonderful list.  It's one of those Fender vs. Gibson,
> Emacs vs. Vi, York vs. Sargent debates that every list seems to have.
>
> Here, this is usually referred to as the "software vs. hardware"
> debate.

I mentioned this a few times. It is absolutely absurd that there is a
differentiation. Hardware uses software, software needs hardware. No
response from Kim from my emails.

> Hardware is often preferred by those that gig frequently because
> they are more reliable.  The downside is that they can be bigger,
> heavier, harder to transport, and harder to repair.

I think that I gig as frequently as many on this list and I definitely
prefer software.

> Software is often preferred by "experimental" and "bedroom" musicians
> that like the mind-blowing amount of options you have with modern
> music software, and are willing to deal with the stability issues of a
> laptop.

To lump "bedroom" and "experimental" together seems a bit demeaning to
those that live and work in the world outside the bedroom..... whereas
I do certainly practice sometimes in my bedroom, I live in the gigging
world....

best regards!

jeff

Jeff Kaiser