RE: Nobels MF-1

I have an MF-1. They are no longer distributed in the US. The build
quality is reportedly not very good inside, but mine seems pretty solid,
though I have not gigged with it. The manual is a tough slog;
understanding how to program the MF-1 makes deciphering the FCB-1-10
manual seem like child's play.

It's feature set is very robust and I loved using it, but the
programming is stored via battery-power, and the battery is notoriously
soldered in place and hard to replace. When the "battery replace"
indicator light came on... well, that is when I discovered the
Tennessee-based distributor no longer supported the unit, and I got a
worthless email from Nobels in Europe.

I wound up with an FCB-1010 a few weeks later. The MF-1 is in a closet
awaiting a day when I elect to track down a battery and find a tech
person to install it.

Of course if you're more techie that might not be an issue, but the
utter lack of support for the product makes it an unwise choice, despite
the feature set.

I posted a lengthier explanation awhile back if you want to search the
archive.

Hal Dean