Real-time "Beat Splitter" ?

Hi Loopers

I was wondering if there is something like this available:
The idea is to split up music in real-time (!) into it's beats and route
the beats separately though various effect sends.

So, imagine something like a stepsequencer, but instead of constructing
music out of beats, you _deconstruct_ the beats of the music.
I imagine a DJ using it like this:
- DJ is playing some music with dense rhythm and harmony (i.e. 4/4 meter)
- First, you sync the "Beat Splitter" with the music (tap, beat detect,
midi sync...)
- You have 16 buttons like a step sequencer for 16 beats
- You can route each beat separately to various effect routings, i.e.
   - route beat 1/5/9/13 to FX Send 1 to modulate the bass drum
   - route beat 3/7/11/15 to FX Send 2 to boost volume level (shift
rhythmic center)
   - mute some beats completely for percussive effect

And all this would work in real-time while the music is playing (or maybe
with 1 bar delay).
The DJ could play around with effects, mute some beats for effects or
shift the meter i.e. to 12/16 for a triplet effect etc...

I know that Ableton Live can do some of these features (esp. with MIDI)
but is there some software - or even better - hardware that does this?

Talking about market recently, I think that would be an EXTREMELY cool
piece of gear to have: a hardware real-time Beat Splitter...

Any ideas?

Best regards
Buzap