Re: What will sync to EDP?

Well, I can't speak for the EDP, but I've never heard
that it's clock is remarkable in any way so I'll
assume it's just good standard MIDI clock.  Does the
EDP send song start/stop information?

I recently went through a similar issue.  I was
looking for an app that would host Mobius as master or
slave depending on my situation.  I ended up with
Ableton's Live 5.  Now I know Sonar is a lot more
robust in many ways compared to Live but I found Live
to be very good at following any clock I threw at it.
I didn't try many DAWs though in my search but
Tracktion wouldn't do it at all.  Mostly I had a
budget of $250 so that's why I ended up with Live (I
had an upgrade deal from a lite version)

Something tells me though, that there's something up
with your setup or settings in Sonar.  I can't imagine
it would have sync issues.  Are you sure you don't
have it set to listen for MTC and not MIDI clock?  By
"freeze" do you mean crash or it's just not doing
anything?