Re: what kind of gear setups to you guys use ?

On Jul 14, 2006, at 20:53, rune fagereng wrote:

> Do you guys have some gear-setup tips ?
>
> I would like all my guitareffects be able to go into the loops, and
> still be abel to seperat my loops and my additional guitarplaying,
> and maybe still have my guitarplaying in stereo.

Try putting the Repeater in the effect loop of a little mixer. Play
your effect boxes before the mixer or, depending in what type of box
it is, in other mixer loops. Be sure to not use the Repeater input
with the latency afflicted direct sound; there should be no direct
sound for a mixer effect loop placement of a Repeater. Bring back the
four repeater outputs on separate mixer channels. Send the mixer
master output to the PA system.

This set-up will meat all your ambitions except making your mono
guitar signal stereo. But you can use a stereo fx box for that. You
can pan your four loop tracks as you wish and even split a Repeater
stereo track into two mono tracks and slip one of them for ultra wide
stereo (that trick is especially cool if your first recorded "stereo
loop" is mono recorded into two panned Repeater tracks).

FYI I was using such a mixer/Repeater/EDP rig some years ago and
found it very creative. The only drawback was the huge rack and the
noise coming with the mixer (picture at www.looproom.com/
livelooping.php)

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen