Re: Vedr. Re: what kind of gear setups to you guys use ?

Hi Rune,

You can use one amp by putting it before the mixer. Guitar effect
boxes can either be daisy chained between the amp and the mixer or
put in the amp's effect loop, if there is one.

Sometimes I have used a mic by the amp cab to snag the analog signal
to send into the looping rig. Other times I have been lining the
guitar through a Line-6 POD or a TC Electronics Fireworx... or a
Really Nice Compressor (RNC, yes that IS the brand name). Bottom line
is that anything that sounds good to you is fine, there are no rules.

But the choice of gear is also about portability. The rig I'm now
using for concerts on a traveling distance is a Peli flight case
carrying a FCB1010 pedal, a laptop with Echo Indigo 2 in/2 out card
bus audio converter, a FireworX, an RNC, two small Faderfox hand
operated MIDI mixer/button pad and necessary cables. Right now I'm
taking a break from the guitar and usually play sax, flute and make
bizarre vocal sounds, but that may change (as it has in the past).
The laptop may differ as well; now I'm mostly into looping in Mobius
standalone version (Win XP) but last year I used a mac Powerbook to
run Live and Augustus Loop. I have not sold my EDP yet because I like
to play it too. Good pieces of gear are all different and just as
instruments they inspire different music. Bottom line here is that
you may need to use a certain piece of gear for some time before
really understanding what it can do for you. And, of course, trying
out all possible wirings to learn what each device gains or looses
when used at a certain position in an effect chain.

per