Re: Favorite soft synths...

On 17 jul 2006, at 22.14, mark sottilaro wrote:

> Hey gang...
>
> I'm having lots of fun with a demo version of Syrtus
> and my beloved Absynth and I was wondering what other
> software synths people love that are a little more
> interesting and obscure.  I know it's off topic, but
> you guys always know the best stuff.
>
> Mark

Arturia's Moog Modular V2 for it's fat and genuine "moog modular"
sound. Albino 3 for its good sound and the option to use micro
tonality. Camelaudio's CA 5000 for its "un-earthy" sound and the
option to use micro tonality. Logic's ES1, ES2, vocoder and
Sculpture; each one with its own unique sound. I also like all synths
in Logic because they are even more micro tonal friendly since you
can run the complete application in Hermode Tuning - http://
www.hermode.de/

Those are my fav's. I do not like the synths that comes built in
Ableton Live 5 (because of the sound) and I do not like Kontakt 2
(because of NI's paranoid licensing strategies).

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)
www.looproom.com (international)