Re: Howdy from Mexico

At 5:48 AM -0500 7/17/06, Daryl wrote:
>Greetings, all...I unsubbed from the list almost two years ago due
>to travel preparations for moving from San Francisco down here to
>Oaxaca, Mexico, but finally have some time to start being a social
>musician again....
>
>Anyone else in Mexico out there?

Wow, Oaxaca!  I've not gotten the pleasure of visiting there myself,
but two good friends of mine from years past had expatted here to the
States from Oaxaca.  From their description it seemed like a
beautiful place full of friendly people.

Anyway, from being around the expat community there you'll probably
find out that Oaxaca is also currently home to Steven Brown -- most
well known for covering vocals, keyboards, and winds for the
underground/cult group Tuxedomoon.  From all accounts, Steven seems
like a very friendly and open-minded sort, so you might be able to
hook up with him if you keep an ear out.

And welcome back, BTW.  :)

        --m.
--
_______
"I'm wasting time worrying about wasting time."