Re: BassLab/Steinberger

    Funny you put it that way - Heiko the BassLab luthier has a masters in physics
and applies that to pre-calculate and fine tune every aspect of acoustic performance -
as well as pre-program custom modified  tonal spectums and optimise action
and energy interaction in all dimensions of the instrument. The synthetics do away
with the unpredictable nature of wood's organic densities and enable the entire
structure to be optimised for energy interaction. Also they are inflexible to both
indoor and outdoor climate changes and the instruments never have to be set up -
he even does away with the truss rod for this reason unless it's requested.

mark sottilaro <zerocrossing2001@yahoo.com> wrote:
Yeah, that influence shows... Don't ask me why but
it's what I like. Perfect blend of music and science
for me.

http://ghservices.com/products/basslab/lab_std-ix-dk.html