Re: RC-50 FEEDBACK WORKS

--- Paul Richards <paulrichard10@adelphia.net> wrote:

> It's the RC-50 I believe you're referring to?

Yes, my bad.

> A disadvantage of using the Repeater is that of its
> hardware reliability, IMHO compared to the RC-50.

Hardware reliability?  I've owned 2 Repeaters, a mo-fx
and a warpfactory and never had a single hardware
failure.  I've heard people complain about software
glitches in the Repeater, but it seemed to me that all
the Electrix stuff was pretty damn solid.

> Also, the RC-50 doesn't need a Behringer MIDI pedal
> (and the programming) needed to control it.

That is true indeed.  Would be best to have it all on
the floor if possible.

> The argument about feedback seems to be like someone
> complaining that a automobile is useless because it
> doesn't have a truckbed.  So what? Many folks don't
> need a truckbed (or feedback).
> --

Here's my thoughts on that: People who think they
don't need feedback control on their looper don't know
what they're missing.  My guess is if they spent some
quality time with a looper that has it they'd never go
back.  I could be wrong.  The ability to do both
totally rocks my world.  I've set up Mobius to give me
1 track where I put 1-4 loops.  Mostly I toggle
between them with feedback on 100% or build them with
feedback <100% but set it to 100% when I get it the
way I want it.  Then I build a second stereo track
with feedback permanently set <100%.  I'll open and
close that one from time to time keeping that plate
"spinning" while I toggle between my first track
loops.

Sorry to dis your RC-50.  Frankly I love a lot of
Roland and Boss products.  I hear people yell at them
for having too much compression on their ROM waveforms
in their ROMplers, but I still find my ears love the
sound of my XV-5050.  The Boss VF-1 has become one of
my favorite processors and the Boss DD-20 Giga delay
is one of my all time favorite loopers... so I *know*
they can do a looper like I like it... they just
didn't this time.

Mark