RC-50 and Feedback

Hello All -

I know there is a lot of traffic already on this topic, but maybe you'll
forgive one more contribution.

As I understand it, and clearly I'm not a veteran looper, feedback is used
to fade out parts of a phrase while other parts continue.  This is done for
musical reasons and sometimes because loops get "too dense".  Do I have
that
right?

If so, then a simple strategy for using the RC-50 in this way is to use
FADE
on stopping a loop.  Recall that you have 3 separate phrases available, so
that as one phrase fades out you can be looping on another.  It's easy
enough to erase a loop while another is playing so you could rotate the
three phrases at will.

Maybe you could reserve one phrase of the three for rhythm or other base
music, and cycle two phrases for fading.  I've tried both strategies and
they work well.

The RC-50 is a deep unit, which is both a blessing and a curse.  Clearly
you
need to spend time with it to get maximum benefit from it, but hey, I've
spent 35 years with my guitar(s) and *still* haven't mastered it.  In my
opinion, the RC-50 is extremely musical and flexible, but so are other
units.  "It's In The Way That You Use It".

Mike