Re: Boops and Beeps (was Feedback (was RC-50 FEEDBACK WORKS))

Title:
Well, I don't know about "modern equipment", but just this second I'm customizing one of my cassettes so the tape path avoids the erase head, with the same results...

Daryl Shawn
www.swanwelder.com
A friend of mine added a toggle switch to his tape echo so he could defeat the erase head, thereby allowing him to keep recording until he had a wonderful smushed-up sonic mess. Can modern equipment do that? My MPX-500's "Infinite Reverb" patch does something vaguely similar... I just play one big chord and it becomes that sci-fi rocket or jet sound effect, getting bassier and louder until I have to switch patches to keep my amp from detonating (LOL). I love that box immensely in spite of its criminally awful signal-to-noise ratio. BTW, anyone have any ideas for de-hissing a Lexi-box?
~TimM