Lots of Steve Lawson gigs over the next month...

Just about to launch my latest project - The New Standard is a show with a marvellous jazz singer, Julie McKee, where we do looped bass and voice versions of unlikely songs, from Slipknot to Stevie Wonder, via The Cure, Green Day, Kate Bush, John Martyn, Gorillaz etc. etc...

The main gigs for the duo are at the Edinburgh Festival, from the 6th - 12th August, in The Lot, The Grassmarket, Edinburgh. See www.thenewstandard.co.uk for full details.

Our preview show is in London next week - it's this month's Recycle Collective gig, and the same night is my album launch for 'Behind Every Word' - there's be three sets; me solo to start, then the edinburgh show with julie, then a trio improv set with UK Jazz legend Cleveland Watkiss on vocals as well. see www.recyclecollective.com for more.

I'm using the Looperlative on my bass and Julie's voice, and having loads of fun with it - have a listen to the tunes at www.thenewstandard.co.uk

Julie and I have a second warm-up gig in Glasgow on August 3rd at Brel Bar and Restaurant, Ashton Lane (by the University) - that one's free to get in, and I'll be doing a solo set as well...

hope to see some of you there - all details available on the various websites, or by emailing me.

Steve
www.stevelawson.net - site
www.stevelawson.net/zencart/ - shop
www.myspace.com/solobassstevelawson