Re: Handsonic?

> Jon Wagner just told me that he started a
> specific Handsonic group at yahoogroups.com

I don't have a handsonic either...

I do have a Korg Wavedrum, and its a wavedrum group I started on yahoo.
The
wavedrum is a whole 'nother realm of instrument, its really a synthesizer
with a percussion specific controller.  It has a single head with a
pickup,
a mic, and a pressure sensor.  It also has a rim trigger.  All these
inputs
feed into the synthesis engine to make all kinds of percussion sounds -
some
VERY realistic, spacey, fantasy, electronic, ect.  You can play it with
hands, sticks, brushes, ect all with very nice effect.

I would definately look into a wavedrum for replacing mic'd percussion,
although its not in production anymore and they are fairly rare, they can
be
found without too much trouble.

Jon