Re: Subject/object

I resonate well with this, Samba, namely that much of our divisions
between
mind and external world, word and object, and even divisions within the
so-called external world (which I regard a logical fiction) are arbitrary,
or at most pragmatic tools for us to communicate and get by in daily life.
One might view the world as a fluid or one stream of experience, from
which
we create superficial divisions...like a patch of color based on
boundaries,
or the sense of self as different than the external world, or what we
think
of as a self-contained object...when in fact, all is One. After all,
strictly from a visual sense data standpoint, everything that we think o
as
a separate entitiy is in fact in juxtaposition with everthing else...no
boundary except that of shape, shade, etc. I suppose this is somewhat
consistent with eastern thought, Hinduism, where Brahman is considered the
One, the only real and legitimate entity...everything else, like pieces of
ice floating in the sea of Brahman, are illusory.

If you have the patience for it, here is a paper I wrote several years ago
after sneaking into the philosophy library after hours at the University
of
Washington (during a philosophy conference I was attending). I was doing
research on modern skepticism, which developed into an idea that I
stipulated as the "sphere of awareness".  If you read this, you'll
probably
know more about it than me, since it has been so long since I read it.
Basically, I posit that all knowledge (and thus our epistemology) is
limited
to the items of direct awareness, where those items are only arbitrarily
defined/divided for convenience.

http://www.myweb.cableone.net/chagstrom2/aware.html

It is a very radical form of epistemology, which really reduces what we
think of as the world or universe to a very limited notion.  You might
suspect that my theory is just a radical and revised theory of
phenonemalism, which is correct. It is an epistemology based on a revision
of phenomenalism - aka, the viewpoint that came out of the work of the
logical positivists, Bertrand Russell, and some other tangential 20th
Century Analytic linguistic philosophers.

Kris