Re: Firewire/USB 2.0 Adaptors for M-Audio Firewire Solo

Daryl, did you call Lenovo to order your T60? That is what I did with my
T60p. I basically custom ordered it and ended up with a custom SKU
(configuration), with bluetooth, cardbus reader, wireless, USB,
bigger/faster hard-drive, fingerprint reader for security, etc.  I
recieved
no rebate on this sucker...I bought it right after it was released.

Also, the T series does not have a sound card, but embedded high
definition
audio from Intel...so that wouldn't have been an option for you anyway. If
you want better sound on the unit, you just get a cardbus soundcard, like
the Echo Indigo IO, an audio interface that plugs into the USB, or what I
am
going to do, namely, get a firewire cardbus adaptor so that I can plug in
firewire interface.  Rainer, yes, I'll take your advice here and get just
the firewire option, not combo. Your comment is enough to make me
suspicious, plus I already have three USB connections and don't really
need
any more.

It still seems odd about the firewire...I hope I did't miss it when I was
configuring it with Lenovo. Oh well, there is nothing wrong with the
cardbud
option, and I have the slot available.

Kris