Re: Firewire/USB 2.0 Adaptors for M-Audio Firewire Solo

Yes, I called them and did whatever I could for options. Mine's a few
rungs down from yours, I believe, it has the 1.66 mhz processors and
14.1" screen, and I think it's pretty set in its possibilities...I'd
wanted a 7200 rpm drive but couldn't get that either. But it's got
wireless and three USB's and the fingerprint reader.

Thanks for the info on the sound card, that explains things better. I
use a (very) cheap Edirol UA-1A for moving stuff to the laptop, and I
imagine getting something like the Echo or an m-Audio (maybe?) would
improve fidelity. I may just do that someday though I want to improve
the analog side first (mics, pres...).

I'm pretty much positive there's no way you can get firewire on these
laptops, I don't think you missed out...I remember that being THE common
complaint in review, of all models.

Daryl Shawn
www.swanwelder.com