AW: Firewire/USB 2.0 Adaptors for M-Audio Firewire Solo

On some devices, you even got a stand-alone mixer function (controllable
via
MIDI) in the interface (Fireface400 comes to mind) - or even the option to
at least retain the last-used settings for the internal mixer. This might
come in handy for those among us who do not really trust in laptop's
reliability and thus want to keep a DL4 or DD20 hooked to an in/out pair
"just in case".

Unfortunately, my Firebox does not do this (the set of routing options of
the internal mixer is rather limited), but I'd sure like to have this
option...so if you're shopping for something new and a little more
powerful,
you might consider whether this use case applies to you.

        Rainer