MadPlayer, BhajisLoops (Was: VST Host & Effects on PDA)

At 12:08 PM 7/4/2006, mech wrote:
>The software is Bhajis Loops ( http://www.chocopoolp.com ).
>Unfortunately, it's not as cool as I remember it (but then again,
>what ever is?).  It does seem to be an homage to Ableton Live, but
>on Palm OS.  There are two serious shortcomings, however.  First and
>foremost, it does not seem to accept live input.  You have to either
>record or input .WAV's separately before working with them.  Second,
>and contrary to my first impression, it will *not* act as a VST
>host. However, it includes almost 20 native effects on its own, so
>you can already do a lot with what's there.  And of course it's
>pretty fully functional otherwise, especially with the pattern and
>wave editors.

BhajisLoops is for composing loop-based tunes.  What it's really good
for is long airplane flights.  Much better than
MadPlayer  (www.MadPlayer.com) although MadPlayer works if you do
hiphop or if you view it as a fun game.  MadPlayers are cheap,
too.  I got mine for fifty bucks on eBay and downloaded the latest
firmware for free.  MadPlayer has serious limitations as a
compositional tool but is a lot of fun to play with. (Are you
listening loop.pool?) ;-)

Cheers,
Kevin

The Nettles: Progressive and Exciting Celtic Music
www.TheNettles.com