Re: RC-50 video on summer NAMM

One of these days, someone will do a looping program/hardware video that
actually uses modern and effective instructional design. This whole thing
with watching a guy play his instrument and toot his own horn, as he talks
and wanks on his instrument, laughs at his own jokes, etc, and not being
able to see what he is talking about in the application, is highly
ineffective.

If someone were to do this right, they would film the performer playing
and
talking, and then there would be a separate video window on the side that
shows the Unit or software screen, so you can see the programming in use.
Or
they would build the video so that you can stop it and click on a Job Aid
link, which shows graphics or sub-videos of the application.

We use this in training all of the time. For instance, we will have an
elearning module that has a video of the person talking in one window, the
slide set of bulleted points in another window, and scrolling text in a
third window.  This appeals to multiple learning styles. It's been don for
years.

There is a lot of potential, but no one is tapping into it.

Kris