Re: RC-50 video on summer NAMM

Here is an interesting aritlcle on the Federal Trade Commission and lying
in
commericals.

http://www.microsoft.com/smallbusiness/resources/marketing/advertising_branding/why_lying_in_your_marketing_isnt_worth_it.mspx
"Federal law flatly mandates that you must tell the truth in ads you
create
for products or services. Section 5 of the Federal Trade Commission Act
(passed in 1914 and amended in 1996) says it's illegal to deceive or
mislead
consumers. You cannot make fraudulent claims or insincere offers.

The FTC also specifically highlights claims that mislead by omission. If
you
leave out relevant information or facts, or if your advertising claim
hints
at results that you can not deliver, you're looking for trouble."

What smaller companies take advantage of is the gray area, where some
degree
of intepretation is required for "mislead" or "omission", or "relevant
information or facts."

So, given what that chap at NAMM said about the RC-50 being the only
stereo
looper in the world, you have to wonder whether using that video as
advertisement is breaking a federal law, or maybe they don't actually
state
that in their "official" ads, yet the guy doing the demo just added that
piece of innacurate info. I suppose one could say that the video isn't an
ad, so they can say whatever they want...another grey area.  Do you think
what he said was scripted by Boss, or do you think he added it improptu?

Kris