Re: Sample sound clip from my notebook computer system

Hi there,

--- tEd ® kiLLiAn <tedkillian@charter.net> wrote:

> If possible , I'd like to find a compromise between
> the hardware and software worlds.
> Which is: Keep SOME of my familiar analogue rack
> stuff and INTEGRATE a Mac laptop
> (also familiar to me) with miscellaneous, flexible
> looping and transmogrifying software
> plug-ins into what I do/have already.

That's exactly what I'm trying to do with my stuff.
I've got a nice collection of bits and pieces, and I
don't really want to chuck them over. But I want to
use a looper that's more flexible than my trusty
JamMan without spending a fortune.

So what I'm using is an ancient 266MHz Wallstreet
Powerbook running Jaguar, with Rax and multiple
instances of Augustus Loop. It just about hangs in for
looping and it cost me next to nothing. It won't do
much more than just looping (a little bit of
compression & a graphic eq, and that's it) but I'm not
asking it to either. I have a much faster XP laptop,
but the built in audio on that is pretty crappy,
whereas the Wallstreet just worked straight off the
bat (did I mention I was doing this on the cheap ? wot
soundcard ??? ;) Still looking at el cheapo ways to
control it without having to take my hands off the
guitar, mind you ...

I'm not sure what Wallstreets go for on eBay in the
States, but it can't be much, and Rax and Augustus
Loop are cheap as chips, so it could be a low
commitment way of dipping your toe in the water...

- Tony

To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new
Yahoo! Security Centre. http://uk.security.yahoo.com