Re: Sample sound clip from my notebook computer system

--- tEd � kiLLiAn <tedkillian@charter.net> wrote:

> If possible , I'd like to find a compromise between
> the hardware and software worlds.

I'm kind of going that... except the rack is the thing
going. BYE BYE.  I'm keeping my guitar effects (vox
tonelab se) and extra looper (Giga Delay) on the
floor, and using a synth (Micron) as a MIDI
controller.  As stable as my laptop's been so far, the
good thing about this is that with the looper in the
Tonelab plus the Giga Delay and Micron I could do
quite a bit of show if the laptop was to die on me.

I know I've been diss'n it but the Giga Delay may
become a RC-50.  In terms of a "net" it may serve me
better, but that's depending on how often I start
playing out again... or if I do at all.

I don't know Max/MSP at all, but I can tell you that
the cool thing I like about Reaktor is that for $300
if you treat it like a bunch of cool
softsynths/beatboxes/effects and never ever program a
single damn thing yourself you'd for sure have your
money's worth.

In terms of reading manuals... I really have read
little so far.  Most things seem fairly intuitive that
I've encountered.... really the only manual I've been
reading is the EDP manual!  That's to learn Mobius.
The softsynths I've been playing with seem very easy
to get... but I've worked in music stores which took
in used gear with no manuals so I'm pretty good with
the old "see what it does" routine.  Trust me, if you
can use Photoshop or Flash well you can learn
anything.

Come on in Ted, the water's great!

Mark