Guitar FX Pedal for Voice/Winds/Percussion?

Hi folks

I'm thinking of getting a portable, versatile effects pedal for
multi-purpose. It should be small size and inexpensive, sound should be
good but not necessarily high-end. I'm thinking in the 200EUR/USD range.
I need multi-fx-chains with EQ, modulation, delay, wah, higain/overdrive.
It should have a pedal or optional expression pedal for wah wah
pedal/modulation.

Nice multi-fx racks seem to be around 500USD, out of question.

Guitar effect pedals seem to be the cheapest solution (ca. 150EUR/USD), I
like the Zoom G2.1u: http://www.zoom.co.jp/english/products/g21u/

Besides the fact that you'll probably need a preamp for getting the mic
in. What are your experiences with this?
- Are there problems with running voice, harmonicas, percussion etc.
through this?
- How is guitar pedal vs. bass-guitar pedal (esp. male voice)?

Looking at the Boss VF-1, this actually seems also attractive (has
line-ins & stereo): http://www.roland.com/products/en/VF-1/index.html
Would a VF-1 be more advisable? Is there a cheap successor to the VF-1?

Lot of questions... hope you have some answers :-)
Best regards

Buzap