Re: Selling my hardware effect

Well, I'll be clear. The Looperaltive is a beautifully superior unit in my
opinion. And I am convinced Bob will continue to update it until to far
surpasses the expectations of user. And a day doesn't go by when I don't
look at my rack, see it, and feel great about owning the unit.

But the truth of the matter is that now that my notebook is meeting all of
my looping and effect needs and more (and I also have a backup notebook
system ready to go), the rack is really becoming obsolete. I'd love to
keep
the LP1 around, but I'm not sure when I'll use it.  Today, I'm thinking
more
in terms of optimization, utilization, how much time I really have in a
day,
and really using what I have. In the last month, I have been cleaning
house
and selling virtually all the gear I own that I don't use or plan to use
for
an upcoming gig. I have this rack and a couple Rocktron Velocity guitar
cabinets, that about does it.

So, I am not quitting on the Looperlative because of any fault of the unit
or because I don't think highly of it, but because the laptop has finally
proven its case for me...and thanks to Jeff and Mobius. If it weren't for
Mobius, I probably wouldn't have made the switch.  It feels liberating to
finally make the commitment 100% to a notebook system, walk the talk, and
not have a hardware system in the back as a security blanket.

I know that in my conversation with other loopers, like Rick, Ted, and
others, that they like to have more options available to them and not set
on
one particular unit. For example, Rick has an EDP, LP1, Repeater, and some
floor units I guess. That works well for him, but not for me. My life is
complicated enough trying to maintain a non-music career in the IT
business
and focus on my family, so simplicity in my gear setup really clears my
mind
and helps me focus. It is hard for me to focus on the playing when I have
so
much gear laying around that I have to maintain, keep using so that I can
remember how to use it, etc.  I can't even describe in words how good it
feels to walk into a gig with my guitar, notebook computer, and an FCB.

I guess it comes down to personal choice and the philosophy one is trying
maintain when it comes to creating good music.  I admit my choice does not
come without risks, but I have addressed those with a backup system, which
bring to every gig. And if I didn't have that, I'd do what any
well-rounded
musician like myself would do, namely play my instrument solo without any
gear or looping.  I can do that.

Kris