Re: Free CD (Is it spam if its free???)

Title:
Mark, I dig this approach a lot! You can also do the trick of slipping a few underhandedly in music stores, always first in the cd racks, or better yet on an endcap or display. You won't really count on them selling, but it will take forever for the staff to notice (or care) and in the meantime you're getting visibility which is always a good thing, like little billboards. And if someone is interested and asks the price, maybe the store will care enough to want to stock them for real.

Daryl Shawn
www.swanwelder.com

Actually this is the first downloadable record I've made, but (as mentioned earlier on LD) I've been giving away CD's for a while now, and I've been just leaving then places, anywhere, dentists waiting rooms, trains and Cafe tables... But now its official!! And part of the rules for downloading this CD is that you burn an extra one and leave it somewhere!!!

Ha ha.. If you don'y like it, you can just leave your copy somewhere too!!

Mark

mark francombe
marks website is at www.markfrancombe.com he writes for www.furthernoise.org and works at www.transformlearning.com