Re: Pitch Shifting plug-in (was: Re: Sampl

>On 26 jul 2006, at 14.12, gareth whittock wrote:
>
>>While we're on the subject of vst plugins. Who knows of a decent
>>pitch shifter vst, preferrably with some sort of formant preserving
>>facility?
>
>Hi Gareth,
>
>I thought Chopitch was good when I tried it out. Available as VST for
>Mac and Windows at http://www.mathons.com/.
>
>If you computer runs OSX you should already have Apples AU pitch
>shifter onboard. It's comes for free with the system.
>
>Greetings from Sweden
>
>Per Boysen

Thanks for the mention Per  :-)
Unfortunately Chopitch doesn't have any formant facility, and it's not
intended for voice ( although I tried on some spoken word from the
bbc the other
day just for fun, and it sounded great)

One of the things Chopitch excels at is making a small drum sound like a
large
drum, so for a performer who uses hand drums and a lap top (er....Gareth)
it's
well worth checking out.

andy butler
www.mathons.com  (Chopitch)