Re: Sheer Volume & RC50

On 26 Jul 2006 at 9:07, Krispen Hartung wrote:

> the need to read everything I see. I get hundreds of emails a day

Ditto, which is why I'd prefer it if the digest messages could be
made larger, so I had fewer of them! Most digests I receive have
20/30 messages - loopersD  can have as few as 4, but I sometimes get
3/4 on the trot (and hey! naother has just arrived!) , which isn't
quite a "daily" digest.

Re the rc50 video, I tend to believe the looping is more of a state
of mind and an approach to creating music, rather than using the
latest technology to show how clever you are. The guitarist in the
video in question is treating the looper as a multitrack recorder to
allow him to widdle to his own riffs. This is all well and good, but
if you listen to true creative loopers, they are creating expressive
and original music, not just jamming over a backing track.

The majority of designers of looping pedals clearly have the
multitrack mentality to the fore, but they kind of miss the point to
my way of thinking. To this day, the most interesting and creative
things I do use a 20 year old Powertran DDL that a friend added extra
memory to. It has no click track, no quantise, no undo or flash
memory and it wouldn't know what to do with a midi cable, but it's
*musical*.

All the best,

Nick Robinson