Re: E-mu 1616

Joshua Carroll wrote:
OK, so is anybody using the E-mu 1616 or 1616M?  If so:

  • Does it work well for you?
  • Does it seem sturdy?
  • What do you think of the built in effects?
  • Have you dealt with customer support, and if so how was the experience?
Thanks again!

--Josh
Hi, Josh.
I got an E-MU1616m when they first came out and have been very happy with
it.  I use it at home in the studio plus take it to gigs and recording sessions, and
it is good and sturdy.  I haven't used the built-in effects, to be honest.  I called
customer support once when I got it and the techie was very helpful.
Andrew

Joshua Carroll wrote:
I like the concept of these Firewire units, but I'm a little dissapointed that, as far as I can tell, none of them by any manufacturer return more than a single stereo mix.  Cool for the studio I guess, but for live applications, it would be great to have at least 2 stereo returns--one for the mains, one for monitoring.

--Josh

Buzap Buzap wrote:
Hi Josh

I'm using it's "big brother", the Mackie Onyx 1220 with Firewire.
I'm very pleased with it - yet, don't know how it relates to the small Satellite. Great idea, though.

Buzap

No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.1.394 / Virus Database: 268.10.4/399 - Release Date: 25/07/2006

--
Andrew Duke
scoring/sound design/source