Re: E-mu 1616

That is great to hear!  From the research I've done, that seems to be the common response.  I did read a couple negative reviews on Harmony Central, but they were from guys who actually owned older Emu gear (not the 1616) and were angry with Emu in general.  It's good to hear that you had a good experience with their tech support!

Thanks for the info!

--Josh

Andrew Duke wrote:
Joshua Carroll wrote:
OK, so is anybody using the E-mu 1616 or 1616M?  If so:

  • Does it work well for you?
  • Does it seem sturdy?
  • What do you think of the built in effects?
  • Have you dealt with customer support, and if so how was the experience?
Thanks again!

--Josh
Hi, Josh.
I got an E-MU1616m when they first came out and have been very happy with
it.  I use it at home in the studio plus take it to gigs and recording sessions, and
it is good and sturdy.  I haven't used the built-in effects, to be honest.  I called
customer support once when I got it and the techie was very helpful.
Andrew

Joshua Carroll wrote:
I like the concept of these Firewire units, but I'm a little dissapointed that, as far as I can tell, none of them by any manufacturer return more than a single stereo mix.  Cool for the studio I guess, but for live applications, it would be great to have at least 2 stereo returns--one for the mains, one for monitoring.

--Josh

Buzap Buzap wrote:
Hi Josh

I'm using it's "big brother", the Mackie Onyx 1220 with Firewire.
I'm very pleased with it - yet, don't know how it relates to the small Satellite. Great idea, though.

Buzap

No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.1.394 / Virus Database: 268.10.4/399 - Release Date: 25/07/2006

--
Andrew Duke
scoring/sound design/source