Re: Mac, Rax, Augustus Loop (was: Re: Sample sound clip from my notebook computer system)

On 26 jul 2006, at 19.31, mark sottilaro wrote:

> Isn't that the truth?  With an 8 stereo track looper
> in my clutches I've never gone higher than 3 tracks.
> One haveing 2-3 loops in it and the others one.  I
> can't imagine being able to deal with much more.

Yeah, I heard humans are "two-channeled", "double-tasking",
creatures. If we do more than two tasks simultaneously we have to
constantly push one task over to be handled by merely automatic
reflexes. That's why if you are driving (1) and smoking (2) you
should really put out your cigarette before answering that cell phone
call (3). There's a 33 % risk that "driving" will be left for its own
devices ;-)   Don't remember where I first heard it, but fact is I
snagged that piece of info for my lectures on "improvisational
technics in praxis and theory". If you make music with more than
three general "themes" happening you either have a problem to perform
it in real-time or you will have to start looking into "generative
music" (not totally un-cool either ;-)

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)