Re: improv vs arrangement

When im doing a solo show (looping) I am 100% improv, i do have some "riffs" that will get recycled/reused as base patterns, but I have nothing "pre-recorded" in any way.

I like the improv aspect, the exploration so to say...its a great way to just let the music flow... and let what happens be what happens

just my 0.02

C3

On 7/27/06, mark sottilaro <zerocrossing2001@yahoo.com> wrote:
--- "nick@12testing.net" <nick@12testing.net> wrote:

> > On 27 jul 2006, at 05.16, L.A. Angulo wrote:
> >
> > > what percentage of loopers go and play 100%
> improvised
> > > loops or arranged premeditated loops on stage?
>
> Due largely to the technicalities (an old jamman),
> I'm 100% improvised,

I don't understand that statement.  The old JamMan
seems really well suited for arranged premeditated
loops in a song type of structure... I've seen it
done.  Just check out Brian Kenny Fresno if you have a
chance.  I don't think he improvises anything in his
shows and he's using that JamMan almost constantly.

Mark