how do you correct a bad loop on stage, etc

Interesting side topic from this...I have yet to experience my laptop or
VST
host crash during a performance. So what would I do if this occurred?  I'd
naturally play off the prior themes I was creating with my loops and
effects, and continue that thread of feel  in solo...just the guitar, dry
with no effects or looping...I'd do that for a while and then naturally
end
the piece, take a break, and then reboot.  In short, I'd make it "appear"
all planned, like most professionals in the entertainment business would
do.
The show must go on. Of course, the fear of doing otherwise is probably a
defect of my compulsive personality, and an overly exaggurated sense of
self-pride in my work.

I always cringe when most musicians make mistakes or experience gear
issues
and then make the audience aware of this in detail, completely blowing the
feel of the performance. Some performers have a good sense of humor and
can
pull it off, making jokes and making the audience laugh at the
technological
blunder...others stumble around and it comes across as really awkward and
unprofessional.  And then my biggest pet peeve is when performers make
mistakes and insist on telling the audience this, self-deprecating
themselves in the process. "whoops, sorry, oh, let's try that
again...sorry,
I need to practice, etc, etc".  I feel so embarrassed for people when they
do that. I prefer that they just keep going rather than repeat the mistake
or section ad nauseum, as if they have to get it right to move on.

Kris