Re: Re: RiffBox & FX-Tracker (WAS how do you correct a bad loop on stage)

i don't know much about the FX tracker, but the vids on the site look
pretty cool :)

i haven't heard much about the riff box on LD, but my guitar player
suggested it, as i like to play with ambient music, and i was getting
frustrated by the fact that i couldn't find any looper (with any
substantial time) that could fade out loop A while going to loop B...i
wanted to be able to go from--for example--a few volume swells in A
and then while thats fading out, start constructing a loop in E, so
there are no seams of dropouts, like my lexicon jamman...or even if it
wasn't ambient, both my guitar player and I use loopers of some sort,
and i feel our music builds...it starts out with a little guitar or
bass line, and it gets more and more complex as the song goes on, so
when i want to go somewhere else in the song, or change the loop in
some way, the jamman only allows you to stop the loop, and the riff
box allows for fading out so there isn't a complete dropout of half
the song...i can't believe that a lot of loopers don't offer that
option...plus my big stipulation was that it had to be rackmounted,
but i gave in to the riffbox because it did what i needed it to do,
and it has MIDI capabilities and everything can be controlled through
MIDI, so i am getting that, putting it in a rack shelf, and
controlling it via a behringer FBC1010 or a similar pedal...those two
expression pedals can even work as a clean volume and loop volume as
well, so it can all be completly controlled via MIDI, so i am psyched
to get it...i just need to sell my jamman to afford it :) i have a guy
who said he'll by the jamman in august, which is rapidly approaching,
so i hope to have it soon :)
and i will let everyone know about it when i get it...
in the meantime, everyone should check out the manual and read through
the presets, with all the cool things it can do :)

Charlie