RC 50 latency & andy butler

This really worries me because I haven't noticed latency issues with the RC 50. Haven't pushed it very hard though. But when I record a 'phrase' it plays it back in time, in beat, without hiccup (although I haven't looked for it) when I end recording of that phrase (first or any phrase). Am I missing something? I'm not playing anything real fast though, just finger style stuff. But it isn't sustainy music (pads etc) either, so maybe it would show up there.

I'll try to look for it. I'm not an experienced looper like most of you. All my prior looping experience was with my Delta Lab Effectrons in Infinite Repeat... which was and actually still is pretty cool.

I don't use any of the quantize functions, the guide etc. And I do tend to keep playing.

I have noticed that recorded loops sound a bit different from actual signal. But it seems to sound better, or maybe brighter. That's a bit strange too. I'd rather not have that variable to deal with.

My big bomb with it though is being limited to three phrases. I'm not layering or overdubbing, just recording separate phrases to play over.

Listened to Andy Butler's inspiring music online. Happily reminded me of that cool record R Fripp and Andy Summers made way back when. Made me wanna dust off my trusty old Roland GR300 guitar synth. Very cool. This is a big step for me. I got so burned out on synth sounds (doing music for film/video - 1990-2003) I thought I'd never even contemplate it again. But... I guess you never know, eh?

You all are infectious!
richard sales
glassWing farm and studio
vancouver island, b.c.