AW: how do you correct a bad loop on stage, etc

That's what I'm planning to do, too...in my case a DD20 and a Boss OD-2
(nothing in the realm of the Tonelab).

The problem here is that in some typical laptop setups, the computer
crashing might result in you losing control over your audio interface
(which, in an all-laptop setup like Krispen's, goes directly to the FOH).

Possible workaround:
a) quickly connect your backup solution in case of a laptop meltdown (takes
some time and possible problems witch noises from the cables being
(un)plugged in the mains)
b) use an interface which retains its onboard mixer settings when
disconnected from the laptop and use a setup where you can make use of your
backup solution (like by routing the in to your laptop to an out which goes
to the DD20 and the return of the DD20 to an active channel on the
interface. Then make sure to power down the DD20 when not in a case of
emergency).
c) use an interface which allows you to switch between different mixer
settings even when the computer is down.

        Rainer