Re: loop fades (Re: RiffBox & FX-Tracker (WAS how do you correct a bad loop on stage)

On Jul 28, 2006, at 5:56 PM, Charlie Milkey wrote:

> ok, you are right, i don't have a lot of MIDI gear, but i can send
> messages via my oxygen8 keyboard and i tried that before...but i don't
> recall being able to record the new loop while the old loop fades out
> in the background...

Charlie;
Once the initial loop length is established - ie: tap in/ record/ tap
out. - then tap in again for layering.  While the loop is "open" you
should - I haven't owned a Jamman for years but do remember doing this
- be able to send the midi fade command at which point as the loop
fades you can still layer material which will also fade - in effect the
looper acts like a delay with less than 100% feedback.  Check it out
and let me know if I'm remembering correctly.

> if i recall with the jamman, your loop fades, and thats all you can
> do...you can't start a new loop until it completely fades out, or you
> stop the old loop (and fadeout) and start your new loop...either way,
> thats not what i wanted :)

Understood - Paul