Re: process Vs product

On 31 jul 2006, at 10.24, gareth whittock wrote:

> On a personal note I think this maybe why I haven't created an
> album of looping. It sounds so much better to me when I'm playing it !
> A classic process vs product split.
> I think I'll start a new regime - record everything.
> I think Tangerine Dream worked like this. They'd record hours of
> jamming and cut it into shape for an album.
> Anyone here doing this?
>
> Gareth

I'm all with you on this, Gareth! Although I have made records in the
past I'm very reluctant to create "products" of the live looping
music I'm now developing. It simply doesn't feel right to package it
as a "product" because it really is a "process" and "a happening".
Thank you for putting words to my long time thoughts! :-)   I'd much
rather go somewhere and perform the real thing than have people all
over buy the synthetic replication of it on CD.

But in the real world you can't take such a diva stand, or you will
never be going anywhere with you music performances. So I'm doing
live recordings in simple stereo; more as "documentation" than as
"product", for the purpose of booking gigs.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)
www.looproom.com (international)