Re: Midi looper ... anyone know one?

On 31 jul 2006, at 17.17, markfrancombe.com wrote:

> Its gotta be called the Midiplex Digital Pro:
> Its a small 1 U and cheap beast... I want it to have EXACTLY THE
> SAME WAY OF WORKING as an EDP except instead of recording audio it
> should record and loop and overdub... midi notes... I want the same
> insert caperbilities (altho I can see some problems here) and it
> should have some quantise caperbilities, to FORCE your playing onto
> a "grid" of your choosing, 16th, 32nds/ or 256ths if you are tight...
>
> Anything like that about? Or anyone wanna make one??? Grob? Flint?
> Beuler anyone...?

Some MIDI sequencing applications can already do some of that stuff -
Max, Logic, Live. You just have to write a proper environment for it
and set up MIDI bindings for your preferred control devices. I guess
Max would be the only tool that will let you make an exact MIDI
replication of the EDP's audio looping functionality.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)
www.looproom.com (international)