Re: process Vs product

>> With "most" modern jazz that is....you mean that, right?  There are
>still
>> jazzers who record live in the studio. And of course in the olden days,
>> this is how all of them did it...when you heard an album, it was an
>> actual "record" of an event, not a paste together collage of parts.

> No. I mean even in the olden days they had to fit that creativity in on
> demand.

I'll buy that....this just got me thinking....whether you are going into
the
studio to record a live album, or going to a gig with 1 day in adavance,
it
all seems like creativity on demand.  In fact, going to a gig as a free
improviser seems just as demanding and on demand as going into the studio.
In either case, I demand the same standard of quality for my playing. In
that light, playing live and producing a quality of work that is
tantamount
to that of the studio seems to raise the bar even more.  You don't get to
stop and start over again.  This is why I admire live recordings so
much....you get to hear the raw talent of the artist(s).  All the craft in
the studio with cutting and pasting, aligning vocal tracks to they start
at
the same time, end at the same time, pitch correction, punching in and
out....it is all amusing to me, but doesn't impress me from an artistic
standpoint. That seems like more of a craft to me.

Kris